Posted 15 August 2018
USPG has sent emergency funds to support the relief work of the Church of South India (CSI) after torrential rains, landslides and flooding claimed dozens of lives in Kerala state.
CSI is providing villagers with food and emergency supplies after the heaviest rains in 50 years destroyed homes, schools and churches.
The most affected dioceses were East Kerala, Malabar, Madhya Kerala and Cochin.
The Revd Dr Rathnakara Sadananda, General Secretary of CSI, said: ‘Our relief teams in all the affected dioceses are working towards providing relief and assistance to those most affected.’
A CSI statement added: ‘More than 118,000 people have been displaced by the floods over a period of less than 48 hours.
- Returning home - trusting that all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well
23 July 2018
- Returning to my roots
19 June 2018
- Join us for a celebration of the world church
07 June 2018
- 'Without God we can do nothing' - celebrating God's grace on College Day
14 May 2018
- 5 ways to inspire your prayers with USPG
08 May 2018
- At home again under the stars
17 April 2018